Visit The Young Urbanists Handbook to start exploring our cities, find solutions to the challenges contemporary cities face, and understand what more needs to be done.
Here are a few online urbanism magazines & newspapers we love:
- City Observatory
- Guardian Cities
- Monocle and their podcast The Urbanist
- The New York Times and Vox often have great articles about cities
- And Get Local too – find out what are the big issues in your city. As Melbournians living in Singapore, we read The Straits Times and often visit The Australian and The Age online.
Check out some of these super interesting practices & organisations to get you thinking:
Consultancies & Developers
- Nightingale Housing
- Pocket Living
- Sidewalk Labs
- The Street Plans Collaborative
- Taylor Cullity Lethlean
NGO’s & Institutes
- 100 Resilient Cities
- C40 Cities
- Gehl Institute
- LSE Cities
- National Streets Service
- Project for Public Spaces
- Renew Newcastle
- Santa Fe Institute’s Cities, Scaling, & Sustainability Project
And you can Get Social with these organisations too, many of them have great feeds on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and the like.