What is Young Urbanists?
Launched in 2015, Young Urbanists is a Singapore based social enterprise enabling young people to make sense of the cities around them.
Young Urbanists collaborates with schools, institutions and local government.
Young Urbanists develops compelling education content, supporting young people to:
- explore the history, design and function of their cities;
- think critically about cities and city development;
- understand the role cities play in contemporary issues such as globalisation, urbanisation and climate change, adopting ‘joined up thinking’ to find solutions to these challenges;
- be creatively empowered though engagement in the design process, solving real world problems through design thinking; and
- participate in civic life, becoming active members of society
Our Vision, Our Values
Young Urbanists seeks to prepare young people for a future we cannot grasp.
Young Urbanists responds positively to the challenges of our time, advocating sustainable solutions for cities to issues of rapid urbanisation, globalisation and climate change.
Young Urbanists promotes creativity, enterprise, civil society and active, multi-generational communities.
Young Urbanists champions social inclusion and increasing community connections.
Young UrbanistsTM, Thinking, Talking, Exploring CitiesTM, The Young Urbanists HandbookTM and Ten City SolutionsTM are trademarks of Katherine Murray.