Engaging Curious Minds
In the past three years, Young Urbanists has partnered with high profile Singaporean schools and institutions, delivering thought provoking programs to over two thousand young people (and a fair few adults too).
Young Urbanists programs explore:
Two Model Tours at the Singapore City Gallery:
- A City and A Country
- Singapore – Change Over Time
- City Growth and Transportation Technology
- Singapore – A City in a Garden
We’ve also covered smart cities, housing, heritage and preservation, waste and water management, solutions to land constraints, comparisons with other global cities, and the historic and future development of Singapore’s Central Activity Area and Marina Bay.
- New City / Old City
- Public Spaces – 5 Local Examples
We also train Junior College and Polytechnic students to become Urban Storytellers themselves.
Urban Design Crash Courses
Topics include people centred design, urban form, pedestrian networks, transport connections, streets, city greening, night lighting and pop-up urbanism
Design Thinking Workshops
- Tanjong Pagar City Room: Space Activation
- Kreta Ayer: Creating Vibrant Public Spaces
Urban Geography Investigations
- Site Analysis (behaviour, history & geography)
- Gehl Institute’s Public Life Tools
- Global Cities
- Teacher Training for Design Thinking Workshops
The Young Urbanists Handbook is designed as a companion to this work, providing meaningful material to extend the conversation about cities and urbanism. Click here to explore The Handbook.